Unifying Principles of Vector-Borne Disease Spread. Join our transdisciplinary, vertically-integrated team of faculty, graduate students, and postdocs, working on the spread of mosquito-borne diseases. As a member of this team, you will work on collecting, maintaining, cleaning and analyzing data on mosquito presence and network information, and/or you will develop models of disease spread. Funding is available for specific activities. You may also receive credit for this research assistantship.
- Preferred experience: math major core courses and some programming experience.
- Please submit a letter of interest, transcript (unofficial is fine), and your CV to Dr. Joceline Lega (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Coupled Reaction-Diffusion Equations with Nonlinear Diffusion
- Exploration of Phase and Defect-mediated Turbulence in the Complex Ginzburg-Landau Equation
- Simulation of a Low-Reynolds Number Swimmer
- Nonlinear Time Series Analysis
- Dynamical Systems, chaos and control
- Synchronization of chaos, delay, and application to the Ikeda map
- Dynamics of bacterial colonies